Straightening of the thoracic kyphosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Straightening of the thoracic kyphosis

Options
Trufflecake
Trufflecake Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello Everyone 
Wishing you all Happy New Year
I have just been diagnosed and was 
just wondering if anyone suffers or know about straightening of the normal thoracic kyphosis with endplate sclerosisand lipping and bridging on the right lateral aspects intervertebral disc spaces T7-T12. I also have have herniated disc L4-L5, arthritis in thoracic part of my back. 

Is there anyone else who suffer from any of these conditions and in a lot if pain and stiffness, especially after movement when turning or twisting.  Taking co-dyramol, amitryptaline, but this only masks the pain, then feel pain again due to movement.   

Currently, I work in retail and have not been able to go back to work since September 2023 due to the pain and I'm awaiting physio and back pain clinic appointments.   I don't think I can continue doing the same type of job or sit down job. 

Tribunal date for LWC and LWCRA date is this month.   Sounds pretty daunting from some if the threads that I have read.  

If anyone has any tips or advice,  I would welcome them.  

P.S  sorry for the long thread.

Thank you

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Trufflecake, sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. How are things going for you? Did you manage to get through your LCWRA tribunal okay?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Trufflecake
    Trufflecake Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi Rosie 
    Thank you for reaching out regarding thoracic kyphosis and LCW and LWCRA.  

I know it's not always possible to receive replies from others in same or similar positions.   

I won at the Tribunal and was awarded LCW in January 2024.  I was just grateful that it was all over for 18 months.  

Thank you to everyone on the online community, it's a brilliant forum and well needed in this crazy world of ours!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Trufflecake I just wanted to pop in and say a big congratulations on your award! I'm glad the community has been of use to you. :) 
    You're most welcome to stick around and get to know people in the Coffee Lounge if you so wish. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.