Have you signed my petition regarding electric scooters and segways? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you signed my petition regarding electric scooters and segways?

Options
Cupcake56
Cupcake56 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

I have SMDK, a form of dwarfism, I use an electric scooter to get about and I would appreciate the time if you could sign my petition at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/657119 and take the time to share your opinions and experiences!

Have you signed my petition regarding electric scooters and segways? 2 votes

Yes
50% 1 vote
No
50% 1 vote
Later
0% 0 votes

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Those Segway scooters go pretty fast and I definitely wouldn't want one coming towards me if I was walking on a pavement. For this reason, I won't be signing the petition, sorry. 

I also don't understand why you spammed the forum with 10 threads on the same subject.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 475 Pioneering
    Options
    The concerns regarding the safety of Segway scooters are valid and understandable. It's worth noting that the laws governing Segway usage in the UK are not set in stone, as some local authorities have established specific zones where they are allowed, and private property owners can give permission for their use on their premises. In our town, a select number of parking spots reserved for disabled individuals are adjacent to parking spaces for Segway users with blue badges.

It's essential to strike a balance between the interests of all parties involved to tackle this matter effectively. One possible solution is to establish designated Segway paths or zones in public areas, enforce speed limits, and initiate educational campaigns to encourage responsible Segway usage. This approach can enable both Segway riders and pedestrians to safely utilise public spaces.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Cupcake56 thank you for sharing this.

Just to inform you, I have deleted the other 9 posts regarding this. I understand it's something you care about deeply, but please be aware this could be seen as spamming and could result in a warning or ban. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.