Hi, my name is Starrieeyes2. Can I get childcare vouchers for the Easter holidays? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Starrieeyes2. Can I get childcare vouchers for the Easter holidays?

Options
Starrieeyes2
Starrieeyes2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone sorry for the time but it's the only time I can do the things I want to do in peace and quiet as I have twins at 4yrs old and days are busy and long . I was just wondering if there is anyone who knows if I could get any childcare vouchers or something during the Easter holidays as I am not well at the moment and it will be a stressful and challenging time for us all as they just want to be busy and with other children and this will make such a difference to us all. When they are together they just argue about anything at all and fight its terrible for me and my twins. I have been awarded pip and disability living allowance the daily amount thankfull for the help it's been a long time and decided I need some help. Thanks for your time and I look forward too a reply 👍 yours faithfully. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Child care vouchers no longer exist. Whether you qualify for any other childcare will depend on your circumstances. Are you living with a partner and do either of you claim any other benefits such as Universal Credit? Do either of you work?

I also note that you mentioned that you claim PIP and disability living allowance but you can’t claim both benefits at the same time. I’m assuming you mean you’re claiming PIP which includes both parts, daily living and mobility. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Starrieeyes2 and welcome to the community. :)

I'm sorry to hear you're unwell at the moment. Have you been in touch with your GP about this? 
    I'm afraid I'm not sure about childcare vouchers, it may be worth speaking to your local council about this, they may be able to advise?

I'm just going to pop your discussion in a different category, so more people in the know will be able to see and hopefully offer some top support. I hope that's ok? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.