Any one out there using Sinemet? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any one out there using Sinemet?

Foxy
Foxy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
We saw a doctor yesterday who would like my son to use Sinemet to try and help distonia. Anyone using this medication? My son Charlie is 6.

Comments

• gemgems79
    gemgems79 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi my little boy has just started on levodopa i think this mayby the same is siminet given for dopa responsive dystonia sorry if i have confused the drugs if they are the same would love to chat gemmax
  • gemgems79
    gemgems79 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi its me again yes its simenet that my 2 year old has just started so would love to chat x
  • tontorhys
    tontorhys Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    hi,my son has been useing this medicine for the last 2 years,& ive got to say its the best decision i done was put him on it,because of the side effects.but to this day my son has'nt had any of them,it has helped a great deal.
  • emilymilly
    emilymilly Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi again,as the Sinemet was not preventing the distonia we have stopped using it. Charlie has a fear of high ceilings especially when he is laid on his back. We try our best now not to expose him to this fear.

Sorry I am not much help!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.