If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Council cuts funding with no notice!

mamalewismamalewis Posts: 3Member
Has anything like this happened to you?

My nursery emailed the council this week to ask how they go about getting reimbursed for the 15 hours of one-on-one support they were promised for my daughter. The council emailed them back and said "sorry there is no more money."

That was it - no reason, no warning, and still no call to my husband and I to even inform us.

I wondered if anyone else had come across this since the election. The council told my nursery in a conversation that now that it is a Tory government there is no more money. But, the Tories only got in a few weeks back!

Shocking.

Replies

• renacahillrenacahill Posts: 145Member
    Hello

We have not got as far as nursery yet. Did your daughter have statement?. I thought it was a legal obligation if they have a statement to fund the one to one? I'm not sure at all though so ask the CAB to find out for you and start fighting!!
    Good luck
  • shrekshrek Posts: 4Member
    your council cannot do this as the one on one worker need to be payed they have to give you one month notice
    they have to tell you y they are stoping it and what they are going to put in place to help your daughter at nursery
    i would fight them all the way
    your shrek

Sign in or join us to comment.