Bath seats — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bath seats

curliesue2
curliesue2 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I have a 23 month old daughter who was diagnosed with depligia cp in March this year. She has problems sitting on her own as she has no balance and cannot stand unsupported, hence this making it difficult to bath her. We are only seeing physiotherapists at the moment (no one has mentioned OT) and i have asked them 3 times now if they now or could recommend something for the bath to make it more pleasurable for her and easier for me but they keep telling me about bath supports from Mothercare.
I don't think that this is the right thing for her. Does any body know where i can get her something or have tried something that they could recommend.
All this is new to us and we have'nt got a clue at the mo.

Comments

• b8s
    b8s Community member Posts: 33 Listener
    I would insist on speaking with an OT, ours has been great. We use a special bath seat which looks like a deck chair, it's made by 'Rifton', they may have a website, although we had to try several types before we found the right one.
  • catsimmo
    catsimmo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi
    You should ask the physio to refer to OT as they provide things like bath seats I dont think physio will be able to. You should push to be reffered if they are reluctant as I have learnt these things can take ages and there will probably be other things you need in the future. We have just waited 5 months to get a pushchair.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.