I’m Moving! Know a Health Trust that is good for CP kids? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’m Moving! Know a Health Trust that is good for CP kids?

Options
mamalewis
mamalewis Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2014 in Cerebral palsy
My husband and I need to move out of London due to expense. We could move to Cardiff to be near his mum - or down south to Worthing or Salisbury to be near other family and friends. Or, perhaps just commute in from a London suburb?

Any clues to the postcode lottery for funding and therapy for CP kids? I want to make sure I move some place where my daughter will still get the level of care she currently does. I know that some areas are horrific.

I'd love some advice!

Comments

• joannehannam86
    joannehannam86 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi, My son currently has weekly session at Stick n Step in Wallasey, its a charity set up by parents to help provide care for children with all types of cerebral palsy.

Its and amazing charity, my son has only started this term so its too soon to notice the benefits. Other parents i have been speaking too are amazed at how much the centre has done for their children.

I have heard of another conductive education centre in the south of England http://www.rainbowcentre.org/rainbowcentre.asp, maybe your daughter would enjoy it as much as my son does!

Obviously when its comes to NHS care it can be difficult and i would have no idea about the standard of care in your area. We are very lucky where we are as Jack gets all the care he needs and at a very high standard too. It was difficult to begin with but with alot of hard work we got there in the end.

Hope this Helps

x
  • mamalewis
    mamalewis Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks! Actually I use Small Steps in London which is much the same as your group. And that is the kind of thing I want nearby when I move - if possible.

I'm also worried I will move someplace reluctant to fund lyrca suiting and other equipment.

I don't know of any way to find out in advance unfortunately.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.