Disability toys — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability toys

Options
stephanie87
stephanie87 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, for christmas I want to buy my 2 year old son with cp some disability toys that we see in his development centre and I have ordered a catalogue but cant seem to find what I want, has anyone bought any special toys and if so is there anywhere you can recommend?

Comments

• renacahill
    renacahill Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
    Options
    Hi

Fledglings have a reasonable range of toys for special needs. If you go onto ebay and put in 'special needs' there are shops on there with SN toys. I am sure there are other outlets.

A lot depends on your sons level of movement and understanding. My grandson is also 2 and has loads of toys and equipment. Some more successful than others!

Kate xx
  • b8s
    b8s Community member Posts: 33 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
    We use a company called TFH who are reliable and have a good selection, but we also have an excellent OT who is more than happy to help us find specific toys that are suitable. I usually drop her an e-mail about what development I hope to achieve with the toy and what space I intend using it in (house/ garden) and she will send me websites or pages from catologues.
    You should also take a look at the Cerebra website, they review various special need toys and equipment on there.
    happy shopping
    Charlotte

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.