Disability aids and equipment
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disability toys

stephanie87stephanie87 Member Posts: 4
Hi, for christmas I want to buy my 2 year old son with cp some disability toys that we see in his development centre and I have ordered a catalogue but cant seem to find what I want, has anyone bought any special toys and if so is there anywhere you can recommend?

Replies

• renacahillrenacahill Member Posts: 145
    Hi

Fledglings have a reasonable range of toys for special needs. If you go onto ebay and put in 'special needs' there are shops on there with SN toys. I am sure there are other outlets.

A lot depends on your sons level of movement and understanding. My grandson is also 2 and has loads of toys and equipment. Some more successful than others!

Kate xx
  • b8sb8s Member Posts: 33
    Hi,
    We use a company called TFH who are reliable and have a good selection, but we also have an excellent OT who is more than happy to help us find specific toys that are suitable. I usually drop her an e-mail about what development I hope to achieve with the toy and what space I intend using it in (house/ garden) and she will send me websites or pages from catologues.
    You should also take a look at the Cerebra website, they review various special need toys and equipment on there.
    happy shopping
    Charlotte
Sign in or join us to comment.