Grants for trikes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Grants for trikes

Options
myjakeys
myjakeys Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
Hello there, could anyone help me i have been told my 6 year old son is eligible for a tomcat trike and i have a letter from my sons occupational threrapist supporting this. I was given a list of charitys who may fund it but i ve been told theirs only a few who will give full funding.Can anyone help me at all and tell me which ones give the full funding , thanks .xxxx

Comments

• ionarowan
    ionarowan Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    We applied for funding last year from Cerebra and they completely funded a trike and trailer trike for my daughter (now 5).

I think I first started the process in early March and had her trike by the end of June.

Cerebra took only 3 weeks and I have to say it was the best thing we've done getting a Tomcat I can highly recommend them.

With Cerebra they wanted two references, one from a professional, so the OT would be fine and they wanted another, for example from a teacher or someone not medical.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • julia059
    julia059 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi my son's trike came from BDF Newlife. I would also have a look at Action for kids. I would also look at local charities as they might fund or part fund a trike - your local library or CAB would have details of local charities.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.