Disability aids and equipment
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Grants for trikes

myjakeysmyjakeys Member Posts: 23 Courageous
edited September 2014 in Disability aids and equipment
Hello there, could anyone help me i have been told my 6 year old son is eligible for a tomcat trike and i have a letter from my sons occupational threrapist supporting this. I was given a list of charitys who may fund it but i ve been told theirs only a few who will give full funding.Can anyone help me at all and tell me which ones give the full funding , thanks .xxxx

Replies

• ionarowanionarowan Member Posts: 4
    We applied for funding last year from Cerebra and they completely funded a trike and trailer trike for my daughter (now 5).

I think I first started the process in early March and had her trike by the end of June.

Cerebra took only 3 weeks and I have to say it was the best thing we've done getting a Tomcat I can highly recommend them.

With Cerebra they wanted two references, one from a professional, so the OT would be fine and they wanted another, for example from a teacher or someone not medical.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • julia059julia059 Member Posts: 1
    Hi my son's trike came from BDF Newlife. I would also have a look at Action for kids. I would also look at local charities as they might fund or part fund a trike - your local library or CAB would have details of local charities.
Sign in or join us to comment.