new to scope — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new to scope

Options
chloesmummy
chloesmummy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi
im new to scope.
i have a daughter who is 2yrs old and has just been diagnosed with spastic dipgelia cerebral palsy. after a year of fighting to get this diganosis i feel very defalted all of a sudden and very worried about my daughter being on her feet soon. i really want her to walk and she will be able to as she only has it midly, but i feel very unsupported from our health care proffessionals.
we have already had to make a formal complaint to our nhs trust due to misdiganosis. we was told that our daughter was lazy and she would do it in her own time and then a yr later we were faced with this diganosis.
we are currently waiting for the results from that.

i would just like to no if any one felt like this as i feel very selfish for feeling like this. every time i think about her walking i just want to cry it scares me.

thank you

xxx

Comments

• renacahill
    renacahill Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
    Options
    It so annoys me when professionals overlook the obvious and parents and children are left to struggle. Sp. diplegia is often caused by prematurity or by something that happened before birth. I assume this is what happened to you as they are usually looking for problems is there are risk factors as was the case of my grandson Elli(traumatic birth).
    Anyway you must now start kicking and screaming for therapies to help your daughter. Scope could help you there, they have a helpline. Physio, OT, portage, hydrotherapy - there is lots of help out there but the NHS can be slow to get going (not in our case though, he was watched like a flaming hawk from birth!)
    You are still in shock and at the bottom of a very steep learning curve. Read all you can but dont be disheartened, you will get there. Your daughter needs stretching exercises, home physio etc. Get this book it is fab.from amazon 'teaching motor skills to children with CP' Siegelinde Martin. Lots of pictures, reassuring and imformative.
    good luck
    Kate

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.