Help to support the body, sitting in the wheelchair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help to support the body, sitting in the wheelchair

chocolateheart1
chocolateheart1 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited September 2014 in Aids, adaptations, and equipment
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me.
I have got cerebral palsy and sit in a wheelchair, I have got a very painful right shoulder from leaning over. I was wondering if there is something to help me to help support my neck.
Thank you!
Elaine Jones

Comments

• kingboy25
    kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    Hi Elaine
    Have you asked wheelchair services for a solution to your problem
  • kingyclan
    kingyclan Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Ring RMS Ltd, Medway House, 277 Gillingham Rd, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 4QX and ask for a brochure on the Chailey Rollercoaster Head Support.

It was produced by Chailey Heritage Clinical Services and has very recently gone into production.

We've used one for years and its a fantastic piece of kit for those with postural support issues.

As far as I know its not on the web anywhere yet so you will need to call.

Good luck.
  • kingyclan
    kingyclan Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Just a further thought, my son's wheelchair has been adapted to provide a large thoracic support down his side and a 'wing' which he can lean into - sounds like you might need some bespoke modifications too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.