new powerchair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new powerchair

Options
Katherine Hayward
Katherine Hayward Community member Posts: 74 Listener
Hi,
I´m consdering buying a new powerchair in the future and am interested in Permobil, a Swedish make of chairs. The web www.permobil.com is very informative with videos showing the electrical options of the chairs on their showroom page. They have lots of models and accessories for each chair in their online catalogue. Looking for a chair with very supportive seating, headrest, electrical options being electrical seat raise, legrests and tilt in space.
Have tetraparesis CP, Hydrocephalus with a shunt and am partially sighted. I use my powerchair all day and need it to have a good battery range per charge as well as being either mid wheel or rear wheel drive. Hve heard mid wheel makes turning the chair easier. Some Permobil chairs hae a feature which corrects driving errors and aids turning therefore reducing tiredness. I´m interested in this feature too as I have to be accompanied when out and am considering an attendant control, as when I tire the person with me has to help me steer the chair.
Does anyone have a Permobil chair? any idea of prices? am thinking of ways of how to get funding, are there charities that may be able to help? a permobil representative suggested this.
Due to my CP I have scoliosis and cannot sit straight in the chair, tending to fall to the front or side. I have dislocated hips and inturning legs and feet meaning I cannot rest my feet on standard footrests as my feet and legs fall backwards.
Also, any suggestions of other makes and models of chairs that could suit me?
Thanks,
Katherine

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.