Using Bipap and struggling — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using Bipap and struggling

Options
kingyclan
kingyclan Community member Posts: 17 Listener
My 15yr old son has recently had a sleep study and is now having to use Bipap. He has quad dystonic CP and lots of other extras and we are struggling to introduce the mask. I've tried it myself and think he is a star to manage any time on the machine. Can anyone help with tips on how to introduce the mask with least distress, when to put it on - anything that might get us through this! He is fighting hard each night, biting the inside of his lips, knocking the mask around, knocking us around - can't say I blame him but this is all pretty intolerable for him and us when it is happening at 11 / 12 at night when we all just want to sleep.

FYI the machine is ramped and he has a full face mask.

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

One of our twitter followers, Imogen, has tweeted this:

"I suggest she contact's Tia through her blog: http://tinyurl.com/68bmbxn her kid's use it & she's been though millions of masks!"

I hope that's helpful,

Alex
  • kingyclan
    kingyclan Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for that. He's done well tonight. Just taken the mask off - it was pulsating against his face and disturbing his sleep - can't work out why at the mo but he's managed 4hrs tonight. Now snoring for England again and that's disturbing him too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.