Sleep Systems Advice please.... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sleep Systems Advice please....

Options
liv
liv Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited September 2014 in Children, parents, and families
Hi, I am currently looking into the different 'sleep systems' available and I am completely confused!!!!

One of my two year old twins has quad cp and currently sleeps on his tummy (waking through the night, mostly with wind or because he has twisted himself into a position in which he is not comfortable!). We have been advised to get him sleeping on his side as it would be better for him.

We recently tried some of the Matchett cushions as we do not feel he needs to be 'strapped' into something and also do not like the idea as he does move around, although cannot roll from front to back. He doesn't settle on his back at all. Whilst the Matchett cushions seemed helpful to an extent, he didn't like the one at the front and the 'crinkly' sound of the one between his legs really distracted him!!! I also couldn't bring myself to pay nearly

Comments

• Tatty
    Tatty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi, have you tried Postural Care, which is all about protecting body shape and ensuring comfort - all the info is at www.posturalcareskills.com. Cheers.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.