Pain Research — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain Research

DiBroomhead
DiBroomhead Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have high tone CP and that is normal for me, but in recent years (I am 49) I have had increasing levels of pain. I get to see someone about every 3 months at the pain clinic in my local hospital and they are trying to find the best medication for me, but they really don't understand my condition and with the best will in the world seem to be floundering about in the dark.

I have reached the point where I don't expect them to find solutions for me, but somehow we must get to the bottom of the problem for the next generation to prevent them reaching my age and having the same pain.

I figure that the best people to help me campaign for research in this area are people who either have pain like me or who don't yet, but would rather not have it in the future.

Please respond so that in the first instance I can get an idea of how many are affected.

Comments

• kingboy25
    kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet, will hearsay help. My son 26 has joint pain and nausea all the time and I know two other young men and a young woman in the same age group who were at the same school who also take daily painkillers.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.