one to one helper being used for other children — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

one to one helper being used for other children

mand7503
mand7503 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
my son is 6 years old he has diplegic cerebral palsy he has a statement which gives him a one to one helper between 9am to 2pm, but he constantly keeps coming home saying his helper couldn't do his physio today because she has a number/reading/writing group after speaking to other parents i get the impression that shes just being used by the school as an additional teachng assistant, when i asked his teacher about this first she denied it then she admitted she didnt know how often he did his physio and that they did use calums helper for groups also they have just been supplied with a portable ramp for him to use when getting out of his classroom which his teacher has refused to use as she says its to heavy for her, any ideas where i can get some help getting the school to comply with calums needs as we have regular meetings with senco ot and physio but as soon as there gone they just dont follow the advice they been given

Comments

• ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Hi

You might like to contact Scope Response (Freephone 0808 800 3333 or email response@scope.org.uk) If you live in England or Wales a referral could be made to the Scope Regional Worker who covers the area in which you live. The staff at Scope Response will also be able to suggest sources of special advice on education matters.

Best Wishes Forum

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.