Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Older person with cerebral palsy

chocolateheart1chocolateheart1 Member Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in Cerebral Palsy
Hello, I would like to ask some questions about older person with cerebral palsy.I have cerebral palsy and I will be soon 56 and i would like to get some advise.I went to see my GP as I am getting a lot of water in my mouth and I don't like this.And when eating the water becomes a real pain.I keep swallowing, but this gives me a lot of wind and heartburn. The GP said I should see the speech therapist. I can swallow OK.I think if there's a pill to dry the water up. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with advise, if you have or have had the same problem or you know someone with the same problem. Thank you!


  • Catherine12Catherine12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, not sure I have the answer but my 4 year old drools a lot and in order to dry up the excess saliva the doctor recommended Scopoderm. It is a little patch that is placed behind the ear and treats motion sickness, a dry mouth is one of the side effects. Hope that helps.
Sign in or join us to comment.