Heavy foot AFO or Boots and heat, Any suggestions to keep our feet cool! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heavy foot AFO or Boots and heat, Any suggestions to keep our feet cool!

Noah
Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any sugestions on how to keep our feet cool in this heat, when you have to wear afo.s safo's or just heavy boats that your feet get very hot and sticky in! I have found a coolmax soak that helps a little, but air conditioning in my shoes would be best of all!!!

Comments

• niceboots
    niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    hi, I happened to be talking to my orthotist at my app yesterday, and he was saying heat is one of the most common complaints that afo wearers in particular have problems with. unfortunately he didn't have any really good suggestions regarding this. Although I personally find that wearing proper afo socks help with stickyness, and taking regular breaks from wearing them during particularly warm weather to give feet time to beathe....
    With footwear, I actually find wearing my piedro boots are actually cooler than trainers.
    The nightmare I really have is wearing my night gaiter in hot weather, as I can't stand being too warm at night.
    just adds to the fun and games of having cp!!!!
    chris

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.