Negligence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Negligence

joden
joden Community member Posts: 12 Listener
HI all

I wondered if anyone has been through a negligence case and won?

I started my sons case when he was 6mths old and he is now 7 and the hospital have been sent their letter of claim from my solicitors and are preparing their experts to report on whats happened before they give plea.
I just wondered how long it took to get your pleas from hospital or nhsla ?

Thanks

Josie x

Comments

• kingboy25
    kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    I can't remember how long it took for hospital pleas but it took twelve years to complete the case for my son so it can take a long time.

kingboy
  • joden
    joden Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thanks, yeah it takes soooo long .

I just hope we are near the end now.

Ill look on fb.

josie x
  • Albysmum
    Albysmum Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Josie

Our sons case has been going over 4 years now. The whole legal system in preparing these cases is a joke and too slow. I think from reading other cases the average is 10-15 years. I am in contact with other parents who are taking legal action and some who have won. I would love to chat more I cant leave my email or telephone number but you can contact me on facebook if you want to chat further Jo Mchugh Sherlock Many Thanks Jo

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.