Standing frame needed please help!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Standing frame needed please help!!!!

Options
Beaubabylivecouk
Beaubabylivecouk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I'm having a nightmare with my local physio trying to get a standing frame for my 4 year old daughter,she had one at 1.5 and grew out of it and I called physio to collect it and with that they took 18 months to take it back when another poor child would of needed it,I don't drive so couldn't transport it back and it had to go back to somewhere pretty far away rather than the local CDC...I have been to the bobath centre and they insist that she is in a frame they called and called my physio he didn't even reply..so if anyone out there has a prone lucky 2 or something similar for sale please contact me as it affecting her stiff ankles now not standing thank you

Comments

• jodie24
    jodie24 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I was sad to read your post which highlights just how different physios are. although we don't have a standing frame, we have had "battles" with physios over the last couple of years. Whilst the Physios themselves are great (mostly) there is an extreme lack of funding and sometimes we have had to write letters to the Team Leaders/Managers . I know this takes extra time but it is an awful situation you are unable to obtain a much needed standing frame for your child. If I were you I would speak very loudly in order to get what you need. good luck x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.