physio provision for 18 years + and pain associated with CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

physio provision for 18 years + and pain associated with CP

Options
rcwallace22
rcwallace22 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
My physio provision stopped when I left high school is this the same elsewhere? I see a private physio monthly but can't get it on the nhs unless post operative.
Does any once suffer from aches and pains ,how do you deal with them?

Comments

• kingboy25
    kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    Options
    Lack of regular/frequent/routine physio for adults with CP seems to be general throughout the country. My large city seems only to provide annual monitering. I think that is just a sop as it doesn't seem to generate more regular treatment for those whose condition has degenerated unless they shout for more.
    As regards the pain. The way different people cope with it varies from person to person. Some just try to ignore it, others investigate different combinations of drugs/exercise/massage/change of climate/displacement activity.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.