Employing a carer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employing a carer

Options
stephgreen
stephgreen Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Our son is 2 and a half with dystonic cp. we struggle quite a lot with jack as he screams and cries a lot. It's very draining and thinking about employing a carer. I can imagine this is expensive but just wondering if anyone has done this and how to go about finding someone.

Comments

• Sam_Toucan
    Sam_Toucan Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    We have a babysitter who comes 2 days per week, mainly to take some of the pressure off and give my son the 1 to 1 attention he needs. For the first few weeks she was only there when either myself or Daniel's mother was, but we are now confident to leave her with him. We also arranged some of Daniel's therapy sessions for when the babysitter is working and had them teach her how to handle and feed him.

We went through the regular channels - in our case a classifieds for the local area (East Dulwich), and pay the going rate here (

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.