Sand timers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sand timers

fairywishes
fairywishes Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Just a quick question does anyone know anywhere cheap & reliable to buy sand timers? All the ones I'm looking at are about £10 and I want 10min, 5min, 1min so could do without that cost. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Heather
    Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
    Hi
    Does it have to be sand timers? I use cooking timers....admitted my son gets so wise he moves the timers on and the sand ones he just kept turning them over again! Cheeky Monkey!
  • Willow
    Willow Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Maybe ehow or wikki how for how to make your own sand timers from old pop bottles
    Or place a line/marker on end time of a real clock or a number eg 16.20 to match a digital clock
    Or try Amazon for cooking timers (but some buzz when they are done )
    Check in your house :we have a digital timer in our hot wheels set and sand timers in lots of our games
  • fairywishes
    Thanks for the suggestions. In the end I brought a set of 5 cheaper ones here & 1 10min large one. http://www.crossboweducation.com/sand_timers1.htm

Will see if it helps.
    I think it did need to be the visual ones. I like the stronger big ones but I can't afford a few of them but I think these may work.
  • fairywishes
    The sandtimes have arrived. They are great and working well. The 10min one is much better but I am happy with all of them.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.