controlling eating — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

controlling eating

JimJams
JimJams Community member Posts: 174 Connected
edited September 2014 in Children, parents, and families
My son overeats constantly and it is a contstant fight to keep him out of the fridge, I drew up a board and velcro'd onto in pictures of the treats he is allowed each day along with pictures of eating meal times, made up plastic ticks and each time he has something off the list he adds a tick and it getting the idea when all the ticks are used up eating is finished and we try very hard not to budge when all the ticks are used, I have saved him eating lots of calories so far so hopefully weight loss will follow

Comments

• Pwsmum
    Pwsmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hello, just wondering what his special need is? My daughter has Prader-Willi Syndrome, one of the characteristics of which is constant uncontrollable hunger. Needs to be managed very carefully to prevent obesity (sounds like you are doing a great job) but check out pwsa.co.uk for more information/tips in case of any help.
  • JimJams
    JimJams Community member Posts: 174 Connected
    My son has autism and seems to be constantly hungry also, he is learning to save some for later, we have started this new reward system. So he will put back an unfinished packet etc, knowing he can get it in the safe place he puts it in later on in the day.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.