If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi I'm Vicki. I worked as paediatric audiologist with children with complex needs. Ask away!

VickiKirwinVickiKirwin Posts: 47Member, Community advisor Talkative
edited April 2016 in Ask an audiologist
Hi everyone, my name is Vicki. I worked as paediatric audiologist with children with complex needs, and am now an advisor for the National Deaf Children's Society. NDCS supports all children and young adults with any type or level of hearing loss. If you have any questions about the ears, hearing, hearing tests, types and causes of hearing loss, hearing aids, cochlear implants, supporting children in their hearing and listening development, or transition from children's to adult's audiology services, please ask!

Replies

• VickiKirwinVickiKirwin Posts: 47Member, Community advisor Talkative
    For any audiologists following this thread a new one-day course on 10th October in Sheffield may be of interest - "From Finding to Fitting - Audiology & Learning Disabilities". Download flyer here: http://www.baaudiology.org/files/2514/0671/8875/From_finding_to_fitting_advert_Compatibility_Mode.pdf
  • StuMuzzStuMuzz Posts: 18Member Listener
    Hi Vicki,
    I wonder if you can help.
    I am supposed to wear hearing aids, I've lost the upper range and it is now into middle range. Hope that enough info as it's all i was told.
    I don't wear them as I find them useless.
    I had a couple of follow up tweaks and found them no better.
    Sound is tinny with no base.
    Every thing is louder including the background noises, which blocks out voices.

From day one i was wearing them from when i woke until going back to bed for many months, as I know it take time to adjust.

Just gave up with them feeling very disappointed.
    Stuart.

• StuMuzzStuMuzz Posts: 18Member Listener
    Hi Vicki,
    I wonder if you can help.
    I am supposed to wear hearing aids, I've lost the upper range and it is now into middle range. Hope that enough info as it's all i was told.
    I don't wear them as I find them useless.
    I had a couple of follow up tweaks and found them no better.
    Sound is tinny with no base.
    Every thing is louder including the background noises, which blocks out voices.

From day one i was wearing them from when i woke until going back to bed for many months, as I know it take time to adjust.

Just gave up with them feeling very disappointed.
    Stuart.

Sign in or join us to comment.