Parent facing pram for autistic 2 year old — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parent facing pram for autistic 2 year old

Options
savvymum
savvymum Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I am looking for a parent facing pram for my 2 year old who is autistic and suffers major meltdowns and head bangs in his current maclaren major

thanks

wendy

Comments

• pinklisa2010
    pinklisa2010 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi Wendy there are two pushchairs that i can find that are suitable for older children as most standard pushchairs only go up to 15kg, they are both very expensive but you can get help with buying 1 from the family fund or Cerebra if you meet thier critera the first 1 is called Stringray its made buy a company called R82 and is parent or forward facing and the max weight is 40kg the 2 is kiwi pushchair made by otto bock again its parent and forward facing and takes a max weight of 25kg hope this of some help
  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
    Options
    Are you sure the problem will be solved by forward facing?

What do you think his issue is with the pushchair ? Does he sit ok in other chairs eg for eating, car etc?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.