Folliculitis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Folliculitis

KarenG
KarenG Community member Posts: 7 Listener
My 15 year old Down syndrome son is suffering quite badly from this on his buttocks and thighs, it looks like acne and is now scarring quite badly. We have to keep making sure the infected spots don't turn into boils which has happened a couple of times. Been to the doctor but only get cream to put on it that doesn't really help, does anyone have any self help tips?

Comments

• toast
    toast Community member Posts: 46 Listener
    my daughter has had this - iiwy I'd go back to doc and say cream is not doing the trick. I know you can get washes prescribed for more serious cases. Given the reacurrent nature, its prob a good idea for doc to take a swab. Usually it happens as a result of staph infections but it can be other bacteria.

Manuka honey is great for staph infections. We've actually been prescribed honey dressings before

Soap can also aggravate. Yr best to use an emolient to wash with. Avoid tight clothes and synthetic materials as much as possible.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.