Celebrate Success! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Celebrate Success!

Options
Alistair
Alistair Community member Posts: 102 Listener
This evening my daughter received a certificate: 'Celebrating Success Awards'. It was a big deal for her and she was terribly anxious.. However she determinedly and independently (with a little prompting and lots of time ) dressed herself in the new outfit I had got her for the occasion. She overcame her fears and entered a smart hotel event room full of lots of people. She is very proud but keeps asking; 'Why did they say all those nice things about me?'. We were supported by her fantastic teacher and her lovely brother. A few things it says on her certificate:
'she has completely blossomed', 'her warm bubbly personality', 'her school are very proud of her, she is an asset to us, good fun and a joy to have around'. I am so proud of her, she is exhausted, stayed up way past her normal bedtime. I am sure this achievement will further boost her self esteem and confidence.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.