teenage boy toilet issue — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

teenage boy toilet issue

Jenny4
Jenny4 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello my son is 16 and has been toilet independent for years. The problem is that he has now a remarkably hairy bottom which means that he doesn't seem to be getting clean when he wipes himself. Any tips apart from regular showering? I don't really want to have to use special wipes etc because he is out and about a lot / I'd prefer he continued to use ordinary toilet paper "like everyone else". many thanks

Comments

• Naomi
    Naomi Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    Hi Jenny, I have exactly the same problem with my son. At the moment I give him a quick shower if things are looking dodgy, and use epsom salts in the bath as a way of lessening the chances of boils and pimples developing. If a pimple does appear, I use a slight trace of savlon on it twice a day. However, prevention is obviously much better than cure and I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions
  • Jenny4
    Jenny4 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks Naomi. no pimples yet but that's a good tip if it happens.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.