Wheelchair Services — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair Services

Options
milo
milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
edited September 2014 in Disability rights and campaigning
I know a lot of things are written about wheelchair services either refusing to provide suitable chairs or at least dragging their feet over funding etc. Have to say that in my case, I can't fault service in this area. They have just delivered my new power chair to me, well within their approx 8 -10 week schedule and I have someone coming to set it up for me. tomorrow morning (can't wait to be self mobile for first time in months!)

Comments

• Robs
    Robs Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    I have not had any problems with getting a suitable wheelchair. When l was in the Rehab Hospital, l was accessed by my physioterroist and referred on to wheelchair services. l now have a lovely indoor/outdoor electric chair. My social services are excellent. Mind you thats not the case for everyone, l was talking to a chap at the hospital and he told be his GP didn't even know where the wheelchair services are in his area - shocking.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.