18 year old son with cp, dramatic mood swings — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

18 year old son with cp, dramatic mood swings

Options
143ggs
143ggs Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Hi, 2 winters ago my son suffered a form of what I thought was depression, not eating, not sleeping, very clingy, loss of interest in all the things close to him, it lasted from October - March, the winter months were long hard and a complete nightmare, this happened again last year, having researched SAD, I purchased a lamp and vitamin D, this helped no end and he came out of this 'mood' the end of march this year, however, nearly 4 weeks ago he's gone really done hill, anxious, not sleeping or eating and very grumpy and stubborn. I have done everything I can for him and as a last resort went to the gp who has prescribed him with anti anxiety tablets, they take the edge of my lads moods but not much else. My lad had cp, high learning disability, epilepsy and mild austism. Any help, views or suggestions please, I'm really flagging and don't know where to turn to. Thanks Sue

Comments

• ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Sue,

We have regional support workers who can provide information and advice for people with cerebral palsy and their families. They are able to provide information about local services and also advice about more complicated issues. Please contact us on 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk if you would like us to make a referral for support.

Kind Regards,

Scope helpline

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.