Adult funding for mobility equipment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult funding for mobility equipment

Options
kimbaj23
kimbaj23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My husband has cerebral palsy and is a wheelchair user. We have a Daughter and Son on the way. Six years ago we took out a large loan to purchase his chair, however, it is now on its last legs and we have only just finished the repayments of the loan.
With a family to support and the rise in living costs, we just can't afford to take out another loan, but my husband needs a decent chair A) To live a normal family life and be active with our children B) To work, and support his family, just as any able bodied Husband/Father does.
The reason for joining this community is to seek help in obtaining some sort of funding for or towards a new chair. I'm not sure if this is possible for adults, but am looking for help, advice or just a point in the right direction.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.