Help try to accept me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help try to accept me

Options
Tasha76
Tasha76 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I know this sounds bizarre but I've always had trouble accepting me for me and now as get older it feels worse cause I remember being told as get older I will end up in wheelchair.i know it strange but never have I accepted me for me and I feel bad every day over my thoughts

Comments

• rcwallace22
    rcwallace22 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Have you tried CBT this is a talking therapy. It makes you challenge your own negative thoughts. Very useful. I bought a book called CBT for dumbies it is a self help guide. Also google mood gym.
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    It doesn't sound bizarre. Yes CBT is very good. What about talking to a trusted friend who has known you for a long time, about your feelings. Maybe ask them how they see you?

It can be a huge challenge to accept yourself sometimes. Writing out all the positive things you have achieved in your life time, is good. Keep a copy and refer to it when things are getting a bit to too much.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.