Meeting people with cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Meeting people with cerebral palsy

Cookie
Cookie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2014 in Disability rights and campaigning
Hi I'm jo i have mild cerebral palsy, I would like to start a social group in my local area, swindon, for people with cerebral palsy.
I would like to do this because I am lonely and I don't know anyone with cerebral palsy and I would like to get to know people with the same disability. I would like to create this group for cp suffers who feel isolated and lonely like me.

Does anybody know any tips or ideas on how I could achieve this?
Look forward to hearing from you, many thanks, jo x

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited July 2014
    What about joining a wheelchair dance club? or starting one up? Or wheelchair sport of some description, basket ball. linking sport, dance, or some sort of hobby or interest is a great way to meet and connect with like minded people. Maybe do some research of what is currently up and running, just by turning up and getting involved you will find new opportunities come your way.

Hope that helps a little, Keep us posted how you get on.
  • TANYAFIELDING
    TANYAFIELDING Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Know how you feel Cookie. I am 47 and have never met anyone else with CP as I went to main stream school. I am in rural north Yorkshire so very isolated but at least we now have this website to share experiences and that should help us feel less isolated. I often feel that I am the only one in the world with my group of problems but now realise many of us have very similar issues. Talk your problems through here then you can get out and face the world knowing others have conquered the problems too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.