Scope survey of parents feelings of stress and exhaustion — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scope survey of parents feelings of stress and exhaustion

Options
Hannah_RosyandBo
Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I am so not surprised to hear the results of the Scope survey.

I can relate to all those feelings and experiences. The fight to get the services and support for your child is utterly awful.

I have been to the docs as a result. Have has depression and illness.

I want the Local Authorities to stop bullying parents. We are under enough stress already.

Why do they make it even harder?

Hannah

Comments

• Coco
    Coco Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! My eldest son was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy 5 years ago and we are still fighting to get the house adaptations and equipment, we have been carrying him upstairs to bed for 2 years now. My experience is of attending meeting after meeting, giving people the same information on our situation and no departments communicating with eachother. I dread to think how much money is being wasted, the whole system needs overhauling. Currently I am struggling to stay off anti-depressants!
  • Hannah_RosyandBo
    Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Coco

I do get the feeling that if they spent less time assessing, re-assessing and arguing about the services we need then they would have a great deal more money for actual services.

They need a process analysis to see where they are wasting so much time and money!

Hx
  • lauradavis1992
    lauradavis1992 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hello there,

I am also doing a survey on parental stress I wonder if I will get the same results as Scope? Would be lovely to hear for you.

I am a Psychology student who is in my last year of university and my dissertation is regarding stress in parents who have children with learning difficulties or disabilities. I was just wondering if any of you would mind filling out this survey for me. I would be so grateful!! It will only take 5-10 minutes.

Here is the link: https://westminsterpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3WVxLxywzxtt62F Any questions or queries let me know :)

Thanks,
    Laura
  • kelly2016
    kelly2016 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.