My 3yr old son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My 3yr old son

scissorlou
scissorlou Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my son is 3yrs old and sleeps in his own room. He has sleep apnea so has to wear a c-pap mask at night. He has worn this for 2yrs, but the last 4 weeks he has been waking up crying, sitting bolt upright, but still asleep? I lie him back down and he curls up and goes back off, this happens 4 times in the night. I have a video baby monitor next to my bed so I can see his movements. His room is next to ours.

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi scissorlou, I think this is Night Terrors...my son had it for a while at a similar age... maybe check with your health visitor for advice...my niece whose Neurotypical also had it, we found our son was worse if overtired or using sleep meds. It was quite spooky to see him staring right through us.. awake but not responding, sometimes screeching and wailing. He grew out of it .....Has he started Nursery or anything causing stress recently ? My niece was able to tell her mum she had no memory of waking up...and their GP reassured them it was not harmful.....hope this helps.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.