Events, research and opportunities
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Do you shop online?

CommunityTeamCommunityTeam Administrator Posts: 86 Scope community team
At Scope we’re setting up 'Project Thrifty' to explore ways that we might practically help reduce the extra costs disabled people and their families face. There are a number of opportunities in this area. And one in particular is around online shopping. We’d love to hear from you about whether or not you shop online, and what you like/don’t like about this experience. Answer the following questions and share your thoughts with us!

1. Do you use the internet to shop online? If so, which sites and why?

2. Over the past 12 months, what kinds of items have you purchased online?

3. Are there any items you would not purchase online? Please tell as what these are and why

4. When thinking about shopping online, do you carry out any background research into where to buy products? If so, what sources of information do you use?

5. What things are most important for making a good online shopping experience?

6. If Scope launched a retail website, would you shop there? Why?

7. If Scope did launch a retail website, what items would you like to see stocked? Why?

8. What would Scope need to do to be a top online retailer to disabled customers?

Post below, or email us at [email protected]

Replies

• STFSTF Member Posts: 1 Listener
    1. Do you use the internet to shop online? If so, which sites and why?

Yes, only a small amount of people does not shop online.

2. Over the past 12 months, what kinds of items have you purchased online?

Clothing, electrical, video games.

3. Are there any items you would not purchase online? Please tell as what these are and why

Second hand electrical items (without them being tested) and clothing which I'm not to sure of in sizing. Kitchen and some homeware due to most will get damaged in carrier.

4. When thinking about shopping online, do you carry out any background research into where to buy products? If so, what sources of information do you use?

Yes, all the time but I normally try and find the best price available. There are many places to search for the best price online but I normally use the Google Shopping search area.

5. What things are most important for making a good online shopping experience?

Knowing that I'm getting the product I ordered in one piece and knowing that the site is well known.

6. If Scope launched a retail website, would you shop there? Why?

Within reason, yes. Scope will be in competition with eBay, as they have charity selling users. I would shop at Scope if I know that the price is right (on par with eBay pricing) and that the item has been fully looked at and should mention if any defects.

7. If Scope did launch a retail website, what items would you like to see stocked? Why?

Clothing because clothing is a very high market for any business to sell, but it can also be the trickiest. General, Scope should stock new or used (but as new) quality items such as homeware.

8. What would Scope need to do to be a top online retailer to disabled customers?

Scope is the top charity for disabled people so many will come to Scope without any advertising. If a disabled people is shopping online, there should be a kind of wallet available so they don't spend over their allowance. Lets take Sony online website (PlayStation) - You have a wallet which you can place money into, you can spend this money but when gone, you need to top it up. Maybe this is something you need to look at? Maybe bitcoin?
    For the website itself, it needs to be simple. If someone wants women's, the link should be really accessible and easy to navigate. I don't think this will be an issue because you have that covered if big text, images etc.
  • Sweetpea70Sweetpea70 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    It would be great if scope could have a craft section bit like ebay for all craft buying equipment ie: card making, jewellery making etc,and a section for all disabled to show off their skills and perhaps sell with 20% going to scope
  • Wizard600Wizard600 Member Posts: 1
    this is a voice activation tester at Shaw trust accessibility services just check in the text box using voice activation software to see you can activate the box and I do not buy many things are online, but this is a useful tool.
Sign in or join us to comment.