Post closed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post closed

protectthevulnerable
protectthevulnerable Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone,

I have been chronically ill since 2007 and had the unfortunate experience of being dependent on social care. If you wish to read about my experiences please visit www.protectthevulnerable.blog.com

I believe people should be able to complain or raise concerns about the social care they are receiving without fear of receiving hostile behaviour from the care provider including, but not limited to, withdrawal of certain parts of their care package, hostile carers, calls cancelled, medical help withdrawn, or even having their entire care package stopped without appropriate notice or reason.

Having had 4 care agencies in 4 years due this to me, and I was not being rude or unreasonable in asking them to complete the tasks outlined in my care plan, I am appalled there is no accountability or responsibility.

I know I am not alone. Please sign and add your voice. If you are able, encourage others to too.

https://www.change.org/p/george-freeman-freedom-to-complain-against-social-care-without-fear-of-retribution

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.