Where can I get spare parts for obsolete wheelchair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where can I get spare parts for obsolete wheelchair

155ackZapp1e
155ackZapp1e Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I live in Manchester (uk) and am looking for some spare parts for my, now obsolete, Everest & Jennings Imperial Recliner.

I currently use this as a shower chair.

without going into too much personal detail, owing to the severity of my disability, all of the alternatives that the authorities have given me to try out have been unsuitable

I know that E & J were taken over by an American Company (Graham Field health products) quite some time ago, but was wondering if the company had a uk subsidury outlet/partner from who I could get some advice on the matter?

I know there is a lot of E & J stuff on Amazon, etc, but I don't have an account, as I am rather nervous about putting any financial details on the web, besides I would
much rather talk to a person about things. (novel as that idea may be these days!!)

Many thanks

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited February 2015
    Not sure. What parts are you looking for? Can the part be repaired maybe, if you someone has the right skills. You probably know this already, but sometimes parts from wheelchairs are interchangeable. Maybe try emailing graham Fields inc, to ask about UK outlets, the email address is cs@grahamfield.com

Hope you get something sorted, it might help to have a photo of the part you require.

Noah
  • 155ackZapp1e
    155ackZapp1e Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited February 2015
    Ever so grateful to you for pointing me in the right direction, Noah. I'll email them right away, and let you know how I get on as soon as I get a reply.

Many thanks
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Your welcome :-)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.