The health of parent carers who support a child or adult with a learning disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The health of parent carers who support a child or adult with a learning disability

Options
Carole_b
Carole_b Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2015 in Research and opportunities

I am the parent of an adult who has learning and physical disabilities and I am in my third year of undertaking a PhD at London South Bank University.

Parents of children with a learning disability are known to spend the longest time as carers and we are known as 'perpetual parents', however most research reports on the health of 'all carers' and our health is compared to that of shorter term carers; for example those caring for someone who has dementia or requires palliative care. Therefore my research will add to the body of knowledge about our specific health and needs.

The survey should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete and includes questions about you and the child/adult you support, questions relating to your general health, your experiences of being a parent carer and whether you feel this has had an effect on your health and wellbeing. At the end the survey you can see how some of your answers compare to other parents who have participated.
For more information, to contact me or to take part please click the link below (you can exit at any time): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Parent_carers_health_survey

Thank you very much, I appreciate any help as I know how precious your time is.

Regards

Carole Beighton

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.