learning disability Hi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

learning disability Hi

chezza43
chezza43 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hiya, thought ii would introduce  mysel. Im jade and im 21 , i feel as though with my learning disability  because i look 'normal' so to speak that ppl i have to go see like the job centre just dont understand, my mum gives me lots of help and support, sometimes i just feel like im not good enough for jobs i gave applied  for and dont feel im getting  the right help as i feel as though they putting pressure on me of which so many web pages etc they want me to check 5 times a week and apply ( my mum as to be with me as too much information confuses me etc) , does anyone else feel the same, 

Comments

• Vishal Dodiya
    Vishal Dodiya Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I think i feel the same...  u habe to tame your mind.. im still studying .. but yoga will definitely help you because i tried nd i think atleast im getting peace of mind 
  • Chell
    Chell Community member Posts: 20 Listener

Hi Chezza43

Some of my Customer feel exactly the same.  If you have a known learning disability you should be able to your Diability Employment Advisor (DEA) at the job centre.  But i have to say these are becoming increasing rare.  Have you told the Job centre that you are struggerling? Has your mum gone with you and explained it for you? Please dont feel that you are not good enouh for the jobs you have been applying for. As you have someow thing to offer, no matter how ou may feel.  Unfortunatly being unemployed is rather stressful, you can only do what you can do.  At least you are trying and that is half the journey.  Are you volunteering as that is a great way to show employers that they are committed and looks good on your CV.  Have you asked your JCP if there are any organisiations in your area that can help you with the.

Chin up and Good luck

Chell

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.