Business research help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Business research help?

ChelleM
ChelleM Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hi everyone,
I'm here to ask for a favour, I'm looking to set up my own disability awareness training type business where I will go into schools, colleges, universities, business, local organisations and speak to new parents of people with Cerebral Palsy and answer any questions they may have, discuss my life with a disability and hold workshops. Before I can take my ideas any further I need to find out if there is a need for this type of service by doing some research with possible costumers, so will anyone who would benefit from this type of services please take the time to fill out this short survey and pass it on to anyone else who will benefit. You can find the survey here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PZ6K82P
The survey will take no longer than 10 minutes will be such a great help! Thank you :)

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Hi Michelle,

Just thought I would share a website from someone that is already doing what you are planning to start. Might give you some more inspiration and ideas. The board game looks like a a great teaching aid. Let me know what you think? Keep up the good work, you will achieve your dream. http://www.equalequality.co.uk/index.htm

Noah
  • Fred_Bristol
    Fred_Bristol Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Having taught people with a variety of disabilities in an FE college for 20 years I found the college only wanted to take advice from acknowledged "experts", academics and people working for the council. Experience of living with a disability didn't get much interest. I don't say this to discourage you ChelleM, just so you won't be surprised if the colleges don't seem interested, especially if they have to pay. Of course you may have the credentials and the contacts, and not all colleges are the same. The big one I worked for had a good student support system, but they still seemed to choose advisers who had very narrow views and little time for the experiences of adult students.
  • ChelleM
    ChelleM Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Thank you for the advice Fred it really means a lot! I have been told in the past that a lot of people will only pay for certain people e.g ones with certain qualifications rather than life experience. Thank you again.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.