Events, research and opportunities
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Befriending services

Diana VarakinaDiana Varakina Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone!

I am a final year student and one of my projects is on making sure that more people with disabilities can attend social and cultural events (festivals, concerts, cinema, comedy nights or just a simple dinner with some live music on the background).

The idea is simple - to connect people with disabilities with carers/volunteers who has same interests, hobbies, maybe favorite events or venues, so they can go to the event together. 
What do you think? Would anyone be interested in taking part of this project as a volunteer or a customer? 

Also, would anyone advise on what types of disabilities are entitled for a carer? Have you tried yourself to buy tickets to an event where they provided/rejected a personal assistance ticket?

I would really appreciate if someone could get back to me.

If the project win the competition, it will receive funding and might well turn-up to be a REAL thing.

Many thanks and have a lovely day!
Diana

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.