If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Hi, my name is Lizo!

LizoLizo Posts: 4Member
edited March 2015 in Welcomes and introductions
Hi everyone, I've had Dyspraxia my entire life (I'm 34.) I've struggled my entire life to cope with & accept my disability. Recently I've had acute joint pain. I don't know if this is a Dyspraxia thing, or what. I'd like to talk to anyone about having to permanently "manage" your disability.

Replies

• Zec RichardsonZec Richardson Posts: 147Member Pioneering
    Hi Lizo I'm Zec, I suffer with chronic pain and my joints are very bad in my lower half.
    I wish that I hadn't spent so long using NHS crutches because I have damaged my shoulders and hands, I now use a wheelchair and I used to hate the thought of using one but now I wish I hadn't waited so long.
  • LizoLizo Posts: 4Member
    Hi Zec. I've already spent a very long time, (most of my life) "managing" my various health issues. I finally thought I had things under control for once. Then suddenly I get hit with inexplicable pain. I think "oh, this is new..." & try MANY things to "manage" it. Except this time I can't. I'm now on a new, long road to "finding out what is wrong." I have somewhat mixed feelings about this new road.
    I'm glad you have some independence/mobility now. ☺
  • Zec RichardsonZec Richardson Posts: 147Member Pioneering
    I hope they find out what is causing the joint pain and manage to ease it for you. :-)
  • LizoLizo Posts: 4Member
    Well, at least I'm on the road now. The road of "What is the problem, anyway?"
Sign in or join us to comment.