Tired but happy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tired but happy

milo
milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
Today I managed something that if you had suggested it a few months ago I'd have laughed at you.

After weeks of gradually building the distance up, I managed a dog walk of nearly 4 miles in my manual chair without anyone along to help. OK, so it may not be a marathon but the sense of achievement is immense.

To anyone struggling with disability my advice would be don't give up on your goals, no matter how big or small they are. If you don't challenge yourself, who knows what you might be missing out on.

Comments

• Jill2013
    Jill2013 Scope Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Well done on your 4 miles. Thank you for your tip about goals I definitely need to set some.
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Such a great achievement! Really well done ... and thanks for sharing with our community :-)
  • NikiM
    NikiM Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    Fantastic! Well done. Absolutely agree with you on goals. Doesn't matter how big or small as long as they motivate you to keep going that's what counts. My daughter managed to jump up 2 levels at school in 1 year through sheer determination and focus and the support and encouragement of those around her.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.