Hi, my name is ShirleyMason! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ShirleyMason!

Options
ShirleyMason
ShirleyMason Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hi. My name is Shirley. I am 54 years old, married with 3 children. I have CP. I also have pets.
I was brought up by my parents to live in an abled persons society. As the family believed although I had " silly legs " there was nothing wrong with my brain !
I have lead a very normal life, although I have struggled all my life with the physical pain, barriers in all sorts of ways along life's path. Having the love and support from my family and friends.. I consider myself very fortunate to had this bond as it shaped me to the person I am today !.
I felt the need to join this site as I have never joined any group before. Hoping to make friends. I read through some of the posts and it made me feel very humble. I identify with so much of what is said and the positivity .
Best Wishes

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Shirley,

Welcome to the Scope online community, It sounds like you have a lot of experience of living with CP. I look forward to reading some of your stories.

Feel free to ask any questions, between all us we have a lot to all share that can help.

Kind regards

Noah

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.