Finding an Independent Advocate to help my client — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding an Independent Advocate to help my client

Options
AdviserB69
AdviserB69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2015 in Cerebral palsy
I am a Connexions Personal Adviser working with a young man with Cerebral Palsy. He is currently in college in Coventry but, is finishing there this summer and is working with Social Services to move him back into his home area of Sandwell. He is having great difficulty in sorting this out although his Social Worker is working on this. I wonder if you could point me in the direction of someone who could act as an Independent Advocate to help him deal with Social Services and all that is associated with finding supported living.

Comments

• Rocky
    Rocky Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Options
    Hi, it is very difficult to find independent advocates these days. I presume you are talking about Sandwell near Birmingham. If so there are a couple of local agencies you could try. One is Freshwinds in Selly Oak, tel: 0121 415 6670. I believe they offer advocacy. It may also be worth trying Sandwell Carers in Smethwick on 0121 558 7003. Hope that helps.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.