New to the site but not to caring — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the site but not to caring

carerfor2decades
carerfor2decades Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hiya I am new to this group but not to caring. As the name suggests I have been a caring for 20 years to my daughter K. K is 20 and has disabilities that read like a shopping list, but she is happy & healthy for the most part. True to form I have just managed to 'get in here' and we have to go out. I will be back later but wanted to drop in and say HIYA!

Comments

• Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy being part of the community, and we look forward to learning from your experiences as a carer. If you have any tips you'd like to add to our tips section too, that would be great: https://community.scope.org.uk/tips I'm sure you've picked up plenty of useful ideas over the past 20 years!
  • carerfor2decades
    Hiya Emma, Thank you. I will have a little read through the tips, see if I can pick any up or drop some off. :)
  • carerfor2decades
    Emma is it possible to read in order of date? I am not sure if I am looking in the right places, but some of tips, discussions etc are out of date with so many changes recently and more to come. PIP, Universal Credit, & the recent changes to Carer Allowance.
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Did you click on the tips link I gave you? Alternatively you can click on 'Get a tip or give a tip' in the box on the right-hand side of this page. Please do let us know if any of the tips are out of date, so we can change them!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.