Hi, my name is YvonneNewbold! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is YvonneNewbold!

Options
YvonneNewbold
YvonneNewbold Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2015 in Start here and say hello!
I have three children, all now young adults, and all with different disabilities. Toby, my middle child, spent most of his first 6 years in hospital and wasn't expected to survive - he's now 21, and although non-verbal and PMLD, he has a superb quality of life. I now write, speak, run Workshops for parents & professionals, doing what I can to make things easier for the next generation of special needs families and the practitioners who work with them. I'm the Author of "The Special Parent's Handbook" and I write extensively about the issues which affect families like mine. I'm joining the Scope community to share things I've learnt as well as to learn more ways of doing things better from other parents, who are always the best source of information there is!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.