Children — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Children

Denny
Denny Community member Posts: 7 Listener
My husband, Terry and I both had cerebral palsy quite badly and so decided not to have a family as we wouldn't of been able to look after them as we would have wanted nor we want the children to have to look after us while they were growing up. Terry died 6 years ago because his body was (so I was told) worn out. I'm in my 50's now and get very tired quickly and perhaps I am going to ware out to.

But, I still wish that we had took the plunge. Is the anyone out there who did the same thing?

Denny

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Hi Danny, sorry its taken so long to be answered I'm new to the team. I have CP and my fiance is autistic. Like I said to another women earlier, with the right support our baby may be so well loved. However, you and Terry made a very responsible choice and your life together was just a special if not more because you had eachother. I need to get other stuff sorted before I really decide but in the meantime I plan to do what you may find useful which is to surround myself with children, see if there's a playgroup or holiday camp to help at (the one I work in is for special needs so it is an understanding environment and they can't run from me!) or family members-help them. I admire you for being so strong, so many able women think 'oh, I'm married, we're have a baby now' without thinking 'actually, how will it fit in?' Don't let it stop the world seeing what love you can give to child! Take care

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.